About the Preschool Development Grant
Mississippi Community College Board (MCCB) received $10.6 million to implement the Preschool Development Grant Birth Through Five (PDG B-5). The grant is administered by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and the United States Department of Education and focuses on five core activities:
- Conducting or updating a needs assessment;
- Developing or updating a strategic plan;
- Maximizing parental choice/knowledge about the state’s mixed delivery system;
- Sharing best practices; and
- Improving overall quality of early childhood care and education activities.
About Connected for Success
In coordination with the State Early Childhood Advisory Council (SECAC), Mississippi has already completed a comprehensive needs assessment and strategic plan. As a result, a new quality framework emerged. This framework, called Connected for Success, prioritizes continuity of care for early childhood learning and development.
The PDG B-5 will support implementation of the framework across the entire mixed delivery system of child care (Head Start, private child care providers, public pre-K, and tribal organizations). Partners including parents, Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS), MCCB, Early Childhood Academies (ECAs), Mississippi Department of Education (MDE), Mississippi Head Start Association, and NSPARC at MSU are working together to:
- Expand the Standard and Comprehensive quality framework;
- Create an individual service plan for child and family;
- Connect families to early care and learning services, education and workforce programs;
- Develop an electronic scorecard with progress indicators for the child; and
- Provide coaching and technical assistance to participating centers.
For more information on PDG B-5, contact Austin Smith at email@example.com.
To learn more, download grant information and resources here:
- PDG B-5 RFP from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (PDF)
- Mississippi SECAC’s PDG B-5 application (PDF)
- Mississippi awarded PDG B-5 (Press Release)
- PDG B-5 FOA webinar (recording)
- PDG B-5 informational presentation (PPT)
- PDG B-5 Flyer
- PDG B-5 Newsletter 1
- PDG B-5 Newsletter 2
- PDG B-5 Newsletter 3
- PDG B-5 Newsletter 4
- PDG B-5 Newsletter 5
- PDG B-5 Newsletter 6